Friday, January 21, 2011

Just Sketching

I bought some of those cool sketching pens you can use with paints and started doing some pen and ink sketches for my Gallery the Art Boutique at Tin City. The original watercolor of Joanie's Blue Crab Cafe was painted last Spring and I did this pen and ink w/c this afternoon. This is a fabulous little Road House out on Rte 41 in the Everglades. If you want to see some fantastic pen and ink watercolors check out Urban Sketchers and their links. Drawing is so important and we artists tend to want to get right to the paint. It's almost like the drawing part is the sit ups and the paint is the pool ;)

12 comments:

Christine Stonebridge said...

I love it! Adorable! More sketching & photos tomorrow morning! Looking forward to our adventure at Maples Botanical Garden :)

Marian Fortunati said...

Hi there, Mary!
I love it.. colorful, fun and reflective of a happy artist!!

Debbie Miller said...

love it! i recently have started drawing in my sketchbooks again - its so fun really

JanettMarie said...

Pretty cool!

Nancy Colella said...

That's a great analogy! As painters, we should be sketching every minute that we aren't painting!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary, Love it!, the color is very vivid, with good saturation. This one is an eye popper!!. Luv Diane & Jamey

Sally Dean said...

love this Mary- I think you could be an urban sketcher too- I loved that site!

Kim Vanlandingham said...

I think it came out great too! Nice work!

Karen M Schmidt said...

Mary, I LOVE this! You know I love bright colors, and the sketching really adds to the fun energy of the piece. Nice job! (And thanks for that link to Urban Sketchers ... great blog). "... the drawing is the sit-ups and the paint is the pool." ha ha ha ... so true ...

Katie Wilson said...

Great sketch!

rdl said...

love it, this is great!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors you used in both this one and the Chinatown piece.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...