Thursday, June 24, 2010

Days Cottages


One of my favorite subjects is Days Cottages in Truro, Massachusetts. The cottages, all named after flowers were built by the Grandfather of the current owner and are famous. I remember staying here in the 70's and being totally enchanted with the place. Since then, I've had several blissful painting trips with my  girlfriends. In fact, I was here with two of the girls on Sept 11th 2001 and because there is no TV or radio, was unaware of the events of that morning until about 11:30 AM. Never saw any of the TV footage until I returned home on the 15th. Just as well. This drawing is from a photo I took and cropped to fit the square format. Painting to follow.

2 comments:

Greg Little said...

Hi Mary, Love your paintings of the Cape. I too was in the area, Provincetown, for the week of 9/11, painting. It was an amazing place to be during such a surreal event.

Linda Hardee said...

I love the dog! It makes me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...