Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Samovar 8x10

I was out combing the Tuesday Morning store for some new props today because I'm in Naples,FL and felt the urge to shop which is the major leisure sport here. Nothing really great there and in fact the store was not quite what I expected. Overpriced and not even as tidy as Ocean State Job Lot (for you New Englanders). Tomorrow I'll go to GOODWILL. This is a Samovar or tea server painted in one of my early alla prima classes. This one fell off the brush.

6 comments:

rdl said...

Nice and I love that word= samovar, much better than kettle or pot.

Lorna said...

How about you go back to the home page for the shop and paint the cobalt blue pots with the corn?

Janette Jones, Studio California said...

Nice painting, Mary! Do you live in Florida for the winter? Love your light filled water scenes.

Suzanne McDermott said...

Thanks for coming to visit my studies blog, Mary. I'm really enjoying your paintings - your palette is so vibrant!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Love the Samovar - WHEN DID YOU GO TO NAPLES? I saw Pat Issac on Friday and she asked if you were still here and I said "OH, yes!"

No sneaking out of New England allowed - especially when most of us have to suffer single digit windchill factors....

rob ijbema said...

love the colors in this,looks very sensual!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...