Wednesday, September 10, 2014

More Morning Glories #3 of 30 in 30

Morning Glories
8x8 watercolor on Arches

This is my third painting for Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 challengeMy greatest pleasure during the amazing summer of 2014 has been the incredible weather with low humidity, temperatures consistently in the 75-80 range, and hardly any mosquitos.  WHAT?!
Next to that, which was pretty big for me, I've been loving sitting on my deck enjoying our little slice of oceanside nirvana and painting. Our 'Heavenly Blue' Morning Glories are in full bloom and I cannot get enough of this beautiful shade of blue. 
The painting is much lighter and cleaner than I can reproduce in this photo. Back at it again tomorrow.

6 comments:

hmuxo said...

Another wonderful painting..loose
and so colorful. love the blues!
as far as not having mosquitos..
they're in New York!!

Autumn Leaves said...

I am thrilling with how you've left the paints blend; gorgeous color results!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

These are EXACTLY Heavenly Blue, and I am picturing you sitting in your lush, perfectly appointed garden, enjoying the whiff of salt air, immersed in your art. <3

A said...

Your paintings are so alive :-) Beautiful work.

Stephanie Berry said...

What a lovely watercolor--beautiful fresh colors!

art by Michael Perchard said...

Another so very colorful gem Mary! I so love how you handle color! Your choices are always on target! It is always a thrill for me to visit your blog and check out your wonderful art! These morning glories are glorious! You are an amazing artist! Thank you for posting your great art for all to enjoy!
Take care my Massachusetts art buddy!
Michael

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...