Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Tiny Paintings

Red Barn 4"x4"
oil on planel
It seems like winter is just going to hang on here in New England so this painting of a red barn in the not so long ago snow seems appropriate. I'm used to being a snowbird and yesterday as I walked the beach in wind whipping 45 (feels like 30) degrees, I thought about Naples but, it was 91 degrees there. Is there no happy medium?
This is a tiny painting and it's leading you to more tiny paintings by Sharon McGauley, an artist from Maine and the Cape. I love how her tiny paintings look so BIG!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Mary, I just love your oil painting style... Each piece is such a strong statement that their size is irrelevant. Gorgeous!

Bruce Sherman said...

Sorry I'm late discovering this post Mary... but I couldn't resist commenting because this wee gem brought such warm joy my way this morning!

This wee warm response to wineter's cold IS... that "happy medium" of which you spoke! One can truly override winter's cold in a studio... if only in paint and in one's mind!

Good Painting!
Warmest regards,
Bruce

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...