Sunday, October 01, 2017

Nocturne



Truro Dune Shack
6x8 oil on panel


This month's Girls Just Wanna Paint challenge is nocturne, which means a night time painting. I dug into the archives for this painting of a full moon over Truro in the winter, reflected in Pilgrim Lake.
I've hit a speed bump this summer, having lost my Irish Twin (13 months apart) Anna Marie to pancreatic cancer in June, a short 8 weeks from her diagnosis. I don't mind sharing this because cancer is the disease that touches us all. 
I am blessed to have my GJWP painting "sisters" who lift me up, make me laugh and carry me through the rough patches.
I'll be posting some of my new work so stay tuned and thanks for hanging with me for all of these years.


My "Irish twin" sister Anna Marie and I with her first grandson, Winthrop Davies Cottrell
January 2013

1 comment:

Bruce Sherman said...

Good morning Mary... It seems that we have been sharing very similar paths which includes loss of something special in our lives. My heart goes out to you along with a prayer that you can regain the peace and joy that Anna Marie created within you during your time with her.

Painting will return. Be patient... but do create times to reach out to it when your heart is ready to resume your creative journey. Paint to honor her through your work... she would be proud... and expect that of you.

Warmest regards and my deepest condolences,
Bruce

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...