Thursday, December 31, 2015

Ernie

"Ernie" 
12"x12" oil on panel
SOLD

This commission had to be painted from a photo, of course, but there are many pitfalls in that and it takes some knowledge to find a way around them.

The original photo gives me enough information in the dog's face but the glare on his body erases his chocolate brown markings. What I ended up doing was to just fill in what I knew to be there. 

Don and I are packing for our annual trek to Naples, Florida on January 8th. 

I like to take this last day of the year to thank all of you for your visits and comments. They are much appreciated!
Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Ernie's family must be thrilled to have such a beautiful painting!

Wishing you and hubby a safe trip to Naples, and hoping your new year is even better than the last!

Paintings by Patricia said...

Great dog! Travel safe....See you in May and Happy New Year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...