Wednesday, July 01, 2015

"Bathing Beauties" Girls Just Wanna Paint Challenge


"Selfie"
6x9 watercolor with pen and ink
$100
These two fabulous BFF's were strolling on Wingaersheek Beach in Gloucester and I was taken by their beauty, the contrast in their skin tones and their girlish delight in taking 'selfies' with their phones.
This painting is a bit of a departure for me as in, I drew the figures with a micron pen and then did the watercolor. My camera does not capture the depth in the water or the iridescent sparkle I used on the figures and in the sand.
Check out the Girls Just Wanna Paint Bathing Beauties!

6 comments:

Chris Lally said...

So glad you were able to capture this happy moment between friends. Just love your pen and watercolor technique & will give it a try sometime. Great skin tones, color palette & rendering of the water. Just beautiful, Mary!

art by Michael Perchard said...

Wow! Mary! You are so very, very talented! I marvel at your skill and your ability to create great art! I so love this beautiful watercolor! Great job buddy! Bravo! So much joy in this work! Makes me smile! Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!
Michael

Autumn Leaves said...

Really beautiful painting and a great capture of their pose at that moment in time!

Jo-Ann Sanborn said...

It's a beauty, Mary. Love that beach.

sandy said...

nice job on this Mary!

Shilpa said...

I loved this pic
Do visit my blog .i just started doing some oil pastel painting .will post the pics soon
Do visit my blog
http://shilpachandrasekheran.blogspot.ae/?m=1

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...