Monday, March 23, 2015

MSW "Bush" Painter

Lily Pads 6x6 
oil on panel
It's fun simplifying these lily pads into abstract paintings. The more I paint this scene the more familiar and comfortable I am with it. I could see going really large with these.


I bought this rolling tote at Michaels for half price and I really like it. It has four wheels. Spins as well as caddies, has pockets on three sides and a spacious compartment with a couple of removable zipper pouches which can be secured with plastic snap hooks. 
I stuffed some palmetto fronds into it to create some shade while I sat on the bank and painted. I felt like I was on a Safari.
My legs are covered with fire ant bites because I forgot the "stick" that goes with my Coulter easel and had to sit. Should have put the towel under my legs instead of just under my butt. WHATEVER! The show must go on.
I am really enjoying painting the chaotic scene in the lily pond and have been lazy about posting my progress, but I will share in a more timely fashion. Maybe.



6 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Wow, you are a trooper! Fire ant bites???? No way I'd endure that. I've been bitten by tiny ants and that hurts. :) Your water lillies painting is lovely. Wow!

Unknown said...

Apart from fire ant bites, you seem to be having a good time, and your dreamy take on the water lillies is lovely. Got to go Google fire ants.

Autumn Leaves said...

I love the pink underpainting here. Just makes everything pop and adds a unique sparkle to the water! So sorry to hear about those ant bites though! Yikes!!

hmuxo said...

Fire ants have no mercy, Mary!!!!
Excellent painting...very painterly...love the lily pads!

art by Michael Perchard said...

Hello Mary! Hurt my shoulder! Hard to paint and even type! Did want you to know I am out here enjoying your art! I so love the way you use color! Your art is always so.....COLORFUL! (Maybe no more snow in our neck of the woods?) Michael

suzanneberry said...

OUCH!! to the bites! Wonderful work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...