Monday, August 25, 2014

Collage Workshop

Cigar Box Decoupage


I had great fun bringing out my 'inner' abstract artist at a weekend collage workshop at the Art Complex Museum a week ago. I love cutting and pasting and gluing and I 'arted' up this cigar box with a torn map and buttons a la Sally Dean. She's the education coordinator at the ACM and was also a participant. Of course, we were incorrigible ;)
Inside, I put a photo of my niece Chrissie and I, taken in one of those photo booths, at Paragon Park, way back in the day. 
She's an artsy girl herself and I'm giving it to her. She will love it!

Cigar Box Interior

One of my brothers did the rabbit ears thing :D

7 comments:

Page Pearson Railsback said...

Very Cool MSW...Love you mixing it all up

Felpin said...

Looks effortless.

Autumn Leaves said...

I have to agree with Page. I think this is fabulous and I especially love the music sheet within. If that lady ever did a single chore, I'd be surprised!!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

This is exactly what I ant to learn! SO jealous! You did a great great job. I can just see you and Sally here.... it must have been such a fun class! I love everything about your piece - like a painter you considered the composition, the darks and lights, the color. Well done, girlfriend, well done.

suzanneberry said...

Ooooo!!! I LOVE this cigar box, inside and out!!! what fun!!! thank you for sharing this!

and thank you too for your incredibly kind words on my blog, they are very much appreciated!

Stephanie Berry said...

Terrific! I love the mix of elements you used. Nice gift!

A said...

Looks great -- love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...