Thursday, November 14, 2013

Ritual

"No love like dog love"
NFS
One 'ritual' when you share your life with a dog is the walk. This is Morey who was a wonderful yellow lab who lived just across our narrow beachside road. We called him our "it takes a village" dog because his person worked days and I would bring him outside for some yard lounging in the sun, or walk him to the beach. 
It takes so little to please a dog and I can see his jaunty step, nose to the wind as we make our way. 
This was my interpretation for the "Ritual" challenge and it will be hanging in our Girls Just Wanna Paint show at Thayer Academy which opens on Thursday November 21st. 
Check out our site for details.






7 comments:

Bobbi Heath said...

What a great painting! I can see what a great pup this guy is, so jaunty, and the lead is awesome. I love it.

Page Pearson Railsback said...

Love the painting..So glad to see your beautiful work..want to meet this dog..looks like the best ever. Bring him to the Thayer show :)

Autumn Leaves said...

You can see his happy look in his shadow! Lovely piece and I so love all the colors I can see in this.

Crazy RAvens Studio said...

Mary, I adore this painting. What a great design. I am inspired to get back to painting!

Anonymous said...

Yup! No love. :-) Love this painting.

rdl said...

love it!! specially the knots! :)

Robin Rosenthal said...

I love this familiar view of dogs. You did a wonderful painting and your colors really bring it to life. Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...