Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sittin' it Out

6x6 oil on board
Ok, so I left you hanging but not intentionally. The power came on Monday night while I was cooking dinner by battery powered lamp and feeling so great about scoring 6 bags of ice at a liquor store that had just opened about an hour before and still has some left. Yup, 6 unnecessary bags of ice but WHATEVER. We have electricity. We're so spoiled, really but those long dark nights are just nasty.
This little cow creamer is sitting down. Don't ask me why but I bought a sitting pig creamer and a sitting duck creamer. Don't tell Don ;)
Check out Girls Just Wanna Paint for the latest posts from the ladies.

13 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Cute, Mary... I like those little figures too...

rdl said...

i missed hot water the most!!

Kathy Cousart said...

I think the fact that the cow is sitting down is just adorable. Love that you stuck a simple flower in him and just had fun with it. Laughing at your ice bags story- glad all is well and you have power back. Maybe you can stack the unnecesary bags of ice and do a painting of them?!:):)

Studio at the Farm said...

I love the creamer, and it made such a striking painting!

Diane Hoeptner said...

Delightful, Mary!!

Friko said...

an ideal picture for a kitchen.

Sally Dean said...

Love this one.
Put Don on ice- so you bought a trinket?
What else is new (:

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Love the yellow and purple, so bright and fresh! Glad to hear that all is well!

Autumn Leaves said...

Love those little creamers! This one reminds me of Ferdinand the bull and his love of flowers! Lovely...

Unknown said...

Love your work! Those animal creamers would be right at home in my kitchen...
Thanks for the comment on my blog I appreciate your advice GREATLY. I wish I live in your neck of the woods - the painting ladies group sounds awesome!

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDnlU6rPfwY

Dana Cooper said...

So glad you have your electricity back!
Love this little creamer...your secret is safe with me! :)

Unknown said...

Hope you've recovered from the storms. This little guy is adorable. What a clever composition!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...