Saturday, June 12, 2010

Truro Dune Shack

This shot was taken in Truro last December during the first full moon of that month. The second moon was the 'blue' moon which occurred just before New Year's Eve. This is also my first nocturne. A genre that I love but have never had the knowledge to paint. Hopefully I have achieved it here. There's more subtlety going on in the color than shows here. I also made a value adjustment on the shack way on the far left where the white trim is. It looks too bright in this photo.

6 comments:

Paula Villanova said...

Love it, and how lucky were you to be there!

Anonymous said...

I think you captured this beautifully!

nancy said...

That's a winner. Nocturns are such a treat! I think you really nailed this one.

Marie Theron said...

Excellent, this is a very expressionistic piece, almost haunting. You have chosen the right colors for it!

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Lovely painting Mary...and good on you for exploring new worlds!!

Jeffrey

laura said...

Oh I love this, so quiet and peaceful. When I see "Truro" I think of Hopper, and this painting seems to partake of his sense of loneliness. Really fine work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...