Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Cup Shadows"

  
 Three beautiful cups and a saucer from my extensive collection of white objects found mostly at Goodwill. Naples is loaded with second hand shops, filled with any and all kinds of treasure. Don and I went into a place called Sensible Chic which is in a strip mall sort of building. Come to find out the entire building was filled with second hand 'vendors', each renting space. What we initially thought was a 3 store section, turned into a maze of conjoined shops all filled to the brim with YOU NAME IT! We were in there for an hour before Don had to go sit in the car and read his book. I finally exhausted my sensory receptors and quit without buying a single 'Prop'....but I saw some tempting stuff ;) so I'll be returning.   

7 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

LOVE this - all those chunky brushstrokes - all those gorgeous colors reflected in the whites! Fabu!

Anonymous said...

very cool!

paz

Diane White said...

Mary I am a friend of Kelley's and a subscriber of your blog! Love the colors that you lay down. I am a color girl too! Coming to Naples tomorrow hopefully I will bring some warm weather your way!

Sally Dean said...

Love the white series MSW
you have the whites down girl! (:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I don't know how you keep up with all you do and paint too! You're inspiring, Lady, and so is this little 'un.

Paintings by Patricia said...

Love those sturdy mugs. I have one of those stores right here in town and it is time to visit it again. New props are always good.

myra anderson said...

very dramatic painting! love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...