Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Watercolor Wednesday


It just happens to be Wednesday which turned out to be great for today's title! I'm focusing on a series of small watercolors to mat and deliver to my Gallery, The Art Boutique at Tin City. They SHOULD be scenes of Naples and really, I'll get to those but, to digress....I was given a Sunshine Award for creative and positive blogging by Bonnie Heather from Kelowna, British Columbia and also by Mitzi Easley from Austin, Texas. SO, while meandering around their blogs I came across Bill Guffey, who does a very unique blog challenge where the artists "meet" somewhere around the Globe, courtesy of Google Earth (is there a more amazing program ANYWHERE?) and you can paint a 'street view' of ANYTHING you see. Well, let's say I spent more time (virtually) in San Fransisco today than I did in Naples. I did this scene on Barbary Coast Trail in the heart of SF. I'm passing on the Sunshine Award to these fantastic bloggers. 


4 comments:

Paintings by Patricia said...

Great little watercolor, nice fresh color.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Beautiful, Mary, and I presented you with the Sunshine Award on my blog.. go get it!

rdl said...

Congrats!! very cool!!! when do i get my doom & gloom award? :D
hey went to Michael's last cocktail party in boston last sat!!

Bobbi Heath said...

I love your watercolors. You really do a great job with the color as well as showing depth. Very fresh and just gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...