Monday, July 20, 2009

A Brief Respite from Painting

My Chiropractor has forbidden me from doing any more painting while sitting in a chair like this, or computering from a chair like that same one, I have two :) ........OR cleaning or housework or any spinal abuse, what so ever, since I suddenly suffered a painful swelling of the area between my shoulder blades last Friday. I will spare you the details but after a Saturday AM Chiro treatment and one this AM, I was sent home to rest meaning, lie on the floor or the bed with an ice pack between my shoulders, which I did all day Sunday, intermittantly reading and sleeping. Seriously,the way I have neglected my spine it's no wonder. I am damned uncomfortable in these chairs and this is a great reason for a long overdue, ergonomic makeover. Starting with the home studio. I'm taking this as a sign.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take good care of yourself. Feel much better real soon.

Sending you good thoughts,
Paz

Paintings by Patricia said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Mary....nothing worse than back pain, but chiropracters do wonders. take care

FCP said...

I'm so sorry you are having health issues--wishing you a speedy recovery.
Faye

Lorna said...

My dear, I couldn't even see a chair in that photo. But if you've been sitting on that 4-legged vinyl tray, I'm not surprised you're in a world of hurt. Take good care of yourself. And your ergonomics.

Diane Hoeptner said...

Mary, I wish you a speedy recovery! Do take care.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Sending prayers and healing thoughts your way... let's talk about healing chakra meditation next time... do what you need to do - no guilt, no explanation necessary!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Thank You All.

I am seriously following my chiropractor's advice and although I did finally paint something, it didn't come out well. So I think I'll just rest some more :D

rdl said...

{{{{{{{{Mare}}}}}}}}}}
hope you're better now! just back from 5 days at the cape. call if u need sumpin. I'll bring a straw. :D

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

after a Chiropractic treatment every other day this week, I'm much better. But, I am very consciously watching my posture and have to do floor exercises. I'm sure this will end up being a good thing, after all.

Anonymous said...

Great to read that you're feeling better. Keep feeling better!

A gentle hug from NY,
Paz

Paula Villanova said...

Geez Mary, I've really been out of blogland for way too long! First of all, your paintings are WAY great! I LOVE your coloration...I have always liked your work but what happened this past year...you have exploded! In the meantime, you back needs to get better, and I hope that at the late date in which I am reading this that it is, in fact much better. Hang in there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...