Monday, November 24, 2008

Playing Tag

Our Open Studios was a resounding success. We had major articles in 3 of the local papers and have come back strong after our traumatic ousting from the Codman Building in late summer of 2007, and subsequent relocation to two buildings instead of the one. It was great! Here's a shot of my studio after hours. It's very similar to my former studio which is interesting and comforting at the same time. I feel at home here now. Tagging is a way of directing traffic to the blogs you might find interesting or amusing or relevant or.... well you choose. I was tagged by Elizabeth Floyd, Paula Villanova & Marian Fortunati recently, and I am going to pass on the, "you're it" to 7 others. Didn't it used to be five? Check out their blogs for the 'rules'.
Anyway, it's all in good fun and tonight I cruised around trying to find some really interesting, amusing or relevant blogs to share. Here they are. Rob Carey an amazing artist from California, living and teaching grade 5 in Kandern, Germany. His work is unique. Clive Powsey, A master of atmospheric perspective whose watercolors are as well done as I've ever seen. Stunning, really. The Vintage Kitten. This woman is hilarious. That's all I can say. Heidi Malott whose loose landscapes sing with juicy color harmony. Jean Victory a wonderful painter from Maine. The unusual things? Not really. I'm crazy about my cat,Wendell. I love to drive anywhere with my husband, I'm a Diet Coke junkie, I'm a master procrastinator. I believe in the Spirit world. I love to sleep.

6 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

No deep dark secrets to "out", huh?? Well I'm going to enjoy visiting your recommended blogs, anyway! They all sound wonderful and surprisingly I haven't visited most yet!! THANKS!!

Paula Villanova said...

Love the "party lights" in your studio! Congrats on a successful Open Studios!!!!!!

Jean Victory said...

Mary,
Thanks for mentioning me on your blog, that is so thoughtful. Congrats on the open studio. I've never done anything like that...maybe someday. Take care!

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

Your paintings look lovely on your studio wall! Congratulations on your successful event. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Rhonda

Christine Stonebridge said...

I'm lovin the new studio! And I'm so glad your Open went so wonderfully! xoxo

Clive said...

Hey Mary, cheers for the link. Am I meant to tag too? I think so, so I will think about what to do next. Enjoy seeing your paintings again; I say again, because I'm pretty sure I enjoyed them on daily painters awhile back when I would visit there. Best, and again, thanks for the plug. Nice coming from another watercolourist, among other things.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...