Sunday, May 29, 2016

NRAS Roz Farbush Memorial Award for Color


MSW at North River Arts Preview Party 
with Mary Curran, NRAS Festival Committee

I am surprised and so very pleased to be awarded the Roz Farbush Memorial Prize for Color at the North River Arts annual Festival of the Arts! 
Roz was an icon in our artistic community, known for her  bold and colorful paintings. I was fortunate to make her acquaintance through two of my "besties", Kelley MacDonald and Paula Villanova, who invited me to be part of a girlfriend painting outing, which became known as "the Jeep Trip", to Provincetown and continues to this day.
I confess that we trespassed to paint Edward Hopper's house in Truro and I probably could not find it again but, it was one of our great adventures!
Thank you Roz, I'm sure you had a hand in this.


Cleaning the Catch 18x24 framed
Buy With PayPal

MSW, Roz Farbush and Kelley MacDonald with Edward Hopper house 


4 comments:

JanettMarie said...

Wow! Congrats Mary!!
Love the "Cleaning the Catch" painting!

Maureen Brookfield said...

CONGRATS! MARY
It's a great painting!!!
So nice to see you at the opening too!

Crazy RAvens Studio said...

Way to go, Mary. It's always nice to be rewarded and appreciated when we spend so much time working hard and often isolated.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I love and admire all your work! Hope to see you in the Naples classes next season. Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...