Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Monhegan Church

"Gray Day on Monhegan"
6x12 oil on birch panel
SOLD

I spent last week exploring and painting on Monhegan Island with fellow artists Bobbi Heath and Carol Douglas.
I painted this from my perch on the 4th floor balcony of the Monhegan House. 
It was a gray day with intermittent sun and clouds mixed with sprinkles and downpours. 
Such is island weather. 


We frequently encountered Karl Nestleberger's Uber golf cart service with Anne Nestleberger, Jack Haran and friends aboard. 


It was a marvelous week. 
More paintings to come.

4 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Le lieu semble magique et si paisible... Cette petite église au toit vert d'eau est pleine de charme. Vous avez fait un bon choix en utilisant un tel format qui apporte une belle dimension à votre sujet.
Très jolie peinture.

Gros bisous 🌺

hmuxo said...

Excellent painting Mary !!!!! Love the greens....

Bobbi Heath said...

Oh, what a good time we had! I love this painting, Mary, it says what we experienced. When can we go back!?!?!

Linda said...

Beautiful painting! I love green, it is my favourite colour.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...