Saturday, September 12, 2015

Finial House Provincetown

"The Finial House"
8x8 oil on panel 
$150

My gal pals and I headed out Wednesday for our "jeep trip" to paint in Provincetown.
It was a glorious day and although it was a bit hot, once we set up to paint this awesome cottage, the breeze off the water and the shade changed everything. 
P'Town is known for being one of the original art colonies with a roster of who's who artists and as the Provincetown Trolley kept passing by, we could hear the driver saying, "and here are some artists", making us part of the 'show' so to speak which is just as it should be :D
We topped it off with an early bird dinner at Fanizzi's, which is my pick for dining in Provincetown and we all, if I may say so, got 'keepers' which was a bonus. 

7 comments:

suzanneberry said...

Wonderful post!! Really makes me wanna go. And lovely painting!! sounds like the perfect day!

And thank you for your kind words on the pup!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

SO Beautiful!

hmuxo said...

Beautiful post and love the painting Mary! Perfect colors!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Great post! Yes, we all got keepers, and we WERE 'keepers of the tradition' of the Ros Farbush painting soiree into Ptown. Loved spending the day with you two, and loved this painting you did! Can't wait for the next one!

Paintings by Patricia said...

Definitely a keeper Mary..and it was a perfect day for painting.

Stephanie Berry said...

What a charming painting. Love this yellow cottage and how you painted it.

art by Michael Perchard said...

Hello Mary!
Love this one! (Love all your work!) I so love the yellow! I know I told you this over and over again but it is so true, your use of color always excites, pleases, and amazes me. Also makes me happy!
Take care!
Michael
(Fall is in the air!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...