Wednesday, July 01, 2015

"Bathing Beauties" Girls Just Wanna Paint Challenge


"Selfie"
6x9 watercolor with pen and ink
$100
These two fabulous BFF's were strolling on Wingaersheek Beach in Gloucester and I was taken by their beauty, the contrast in their skin tones and their girlish delight in taking 'selfies' with their phones.
This painting is a bit of a departure for me as in, I drew the figures with a micron pen and then did the watercolor. My camera does not capture the depth in the water or the iridescent sparkle I used on the figures and in the sand.
Check out the Girls Just Wanna Paint Bathing Beauties!

7 comments:

Chris Lally said...

So glad you were able to capture this happy moment between friends. Just love your pen and watercolor technique & will give it a try sometime. Great skin tones, color palette & rendering of the water. Just beautiful, Mary!

art by Michael Perchard said...

Wow! Mary! You are so very, very talented! I marvel at your skill and your ability to create great art! I so love this beautiful watercolor! Great job buddy! Bravo! So much joy in this work! Makes me smile! Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!
Michael

CrimsonLeaves said...

Really beautiful painting and a great capture of their pose at that moment in time!

Jo-Ann Sanborn said...

It's a beauty, Mary. Love that beach.

Ashot Arakelyan and Hovhannes Hakobyan said...

Hello. I'm the owner of the blog http://armenianartworks.blogspot.com/
I have a request
I would like to exchange with you link of my site by adding in the links' section. Is it possible?
All the best
Ashot

sandy said...

nice job on this Mary!

Shilpa Chandrasekheran said...

I loved this pic
Do visit my blog .i just started doing some oil pastel painting .will post the pics soon
Do visit my blog
http://shilpachandrasekheran.blogspot.ae/?m=1

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...