Saturday, June 22, 2013

Workshops and Tutorials

"After Carol Marine"- Painted from an ArtByte tutorial NFS

I've taken two workshops with the amazing Carol Marine who's a seriously good painter and teacher, as well as a funny, down to earth, young woman. Yes, I have a bit of a soft spot for her too ;)
Anyway, I haven't been painting regularly, having been busy with all kinds of summer activities, like beaching and visiting, so being a bit rusty, I went into my DPW ArtByte Library and chose one of her step by step paint along demos, figuring I could use the refresher course. 
This took hours, just so you know, and I had to back the video up and pause it many times, but I got there!
Besides Carol's demos there are ArtBytes by Patti Mollica, Taryn Day, Jelaine Faunce, Cathleen Rehfeld, David Morris and Mary Maxam to name but a few. 
I continue to take workshops, classes and tutorials because it keeps me fresh, is great practice and helps me give more to my students. Try it, you'll like it.

7 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Not a big fruit eater but you've given me a serious jones for an orange! Wonderful colors, Mary!

myra anderson said...

love this! makes me want to try it myself! was looking forward to my collage artwork!

Bobbi Heath said...

You are so right, Mary, workshops are a great thing! And I've met some awfully nice people at them ;)

And I agree totally on the ArtByte tutorials, they are awesome.

You've made a gorgeous picture here, it's like falling into an orange, I can practically taste it.

Let's get together soon, would love to have a good chat.

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Mary, great post! Your words are so true! Workshops are wonderful! Love this painting! Oranges near fail !

Unknown said...

Your work is exciting and bold. This painting has such richness, which I really admire. I like those video instruction DVDs. I've done a few. The only problem was that I got paint all over the computer, from pressing the rewind so many times! I know a few of the artists you named, but I will look up the others!

art by Michael Perchard said...

Great fruit Mary!
Glad you are making time to paint! You are so very talented! Great colors and brushstrokes in this one!
Nice work.
Also love "Thayer Academy!"
Your Bay State Art Buddy!
Michael

Celeste Bergin said...

wonderful painting...and you remind me how easy it is to access those great tutorials on DPW. Your work really shines!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...