Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Soaring

'Soaring' 
6x6 oil on panel
SOLD
I snapped a few shots of these seagulls wheeling and diving gracefully above the Vince Lombardi Rest Area on one of our drive by's. I cropped the ones I wanted to paint and focused on giving the composition a sense of movement. I've also been sketching pelicans, which are most interesting birds. Teradactyl-like, they cruise over the Gulf in the late afternoon and are fantastic divers. Meanwhile, gale winds and low temps here in Southwest Florida today, are keeping all but the most intrepid beach goers away from the shore. 

10 comments:

art by Michael Perchard said...

Mary!
Your art makes my day!
"Soaring" soars! Great movement, color, brushstrokes, composition and more!
Bravo!
Love this one!
Your Massachusetts Art Buddy!
Michael

Fay Terry said...

Wow-what an incredible painting, all that gorgeous sunny blue sky and graceful seagulls. Very impressive, Mary- I love it.

hmuxo said...

You captured the wonderful movement, of these birds, Mary! Beautiful light as well!

Sally Dean said...

My heart soars!
You are a lucious painter mary!

martinealison said...

J'aime le vol des mouettes... Je crois n'avoir jamais pris autant de photos d'elles que lorsque je me trouvais en séjour à Cape Cod !... J'y reviendrai vite!...
Dans votre peinture l'esprit de liberté est vif... de belles couleurs.
Gros bisous

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

We were together painting sea gulls today!!!! Yours look great!

Autumn Leaves said...

Beautiful composition and I so love the touches of pink in the sky.

Paintings by Patricia said...

Great movement in the birds, Mary...trying very hard to be spring here..

Jody Regan Paints said...

Fantastic. I can hear their cries, one of my favorite sounds. Beautiful design.

Angela Sullivan said...

Such wonderful birds. Your site is amazing. Enjoyed my visit here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...