Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Turps Can


"Turps Can Inspired By Carol Marine" 
6x6 oil on board

SOLD

I've been super busy since I arrived in Napleswhich is really not an excuse for not completing my 30 in 30, but it works for me ;)
I enjoy doing my drive by paintings and will definitely be painting more of them. 
Meanwhile, Thursday we welcomed a precious new baby boy into the family! I spent the day at the hospital Friday, rocking him and admiring his teeny weeny-ness while his daddy, my nephew, took care of business and his very tired mama got a chance to take a nap. Yesterday I made the new parents a crock pot meal and offered to stay and hold baby Win, while they ate. 
They fell for it ;D

10 comments:

Lorna said...

Mary, how did you manage to make a can of turpentine look like a piece of jewellery?

Studio at the Farm said...

CONGRADULATIONS!!! It sounds like you all fell for the ploy. :)
And your turp painting is stunning! LOVE IT!

Autumn Leaves said...

Congratulations to your nephew and his wife! Love this little turp can...wherever did you find it?

hmuxo said...

Congratulations, Mary! Sounds like you're having such a wonderful time..
and of course, this piece is fantastic!! Love this can..so unique

Paintings by Patricia said...

Congratulations, Mary...New babies are wonderful.
Love this painting, wonderful color.

Anne Winthrop Cordin said...

I love everything about this post-your good news and the painting of the turp can,beautiful!

Allison Bacovillard said...

I saw your turp can on the DPW. Awesome! So dynamic with the colors and the brushwork :)

Barbara Pask said...

This is wonderful Mary, the brass finish feels perfect. Love all the colors I see in there. Congrats on the new little addition to your family too.

Jane said...

The painting is simply beautiful , love the warm yellow tones ! And congrats on the little new family member .

Candy Barr said...

Nice painting and great news about the baby!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...