Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Family Affairs

6x8 Demo at Lowdermilk Park 

This past weekend my dear nephew/son, Win, married his beautiful bride, Heather,  at a garden wedding attended by lots of family from 'home'. I hosted the little boys and their parents who left yesterday at 3:30 AM, and I am still catching up with myself . 
Haven't found the time to paint except on Monday morning when I met my students, Beth and Linda at Lowdermilk Park to paint plein aire. This is by no means a finished painting, as the lesson was more about eliminating elements of the scene to create a better composition and dealing with the constantly changing weather elements. Sun, clouds, wind. Values, of course. 
 Don't forget to sign up for my last class of the season at the Von Liebig.
See my pages at the head of my blog for information or email me.
Thanks for your visits and your comments. You keep me going.
Heather Davies Cottrell and Winthrop Sheehan Cottrell
April 14, 2012

12 comments:

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Mary, Love the painting, so very abstract, just lovely! Congrats to the happy couple! Wonderful news!

Happy Little Trees Studio said...

So Glad the classes are going well! Congratulations to the happy couple!!

Pam Holnback said...

You may think this isn't finished, but it's great! Love how it shimmers.

Marian Fortunati said...

Love the red ground showing through!!

irinapictures said...

Though you say the painting is not finished, the overall impression is very strong and palm trees are really powerful.
Congratulations to your relatives!

Autumn Leaves said...

What a beautiful couple and I wish them the utmost happiness. Your piece en plein aire is delightful, Mary!

Jo-Ann Sanborn said...

Consider it done, Mary. It's lovely as is!

Maria Bennett Hock said...

beautiful...the painting and the couple! Looks like a happy happy time!

Studio at the Farm said...

Congrats to the handsome couple!
And I could certainly use a lesson in what to leave out of a composition! :)

Jerry Stocks said...

This may be a demo, but I love it. Congratulations to the lovely bride and handsome groom.

scott davidson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mrs. C said...

I think this is the first time I have seen this post ❤

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...