Sunday, June 13, 2010

"Green Tea"

I try to start a painting knowing basically what my color scheme will be, but sometimes a painting takes on a life of its own, colorwise. As this one did.  I also had to photograph this about 30 times and kept tweaking and tweaking because when you see a photo any flaws pop right out. Finally, I had to just STOP because I kept seeing beautiful colors in every aspect of this painting.  
By now, you all know that I can't resist a beautiful prop and everything is a prop to one degree or another. These cups and saucers came in a variety of colors and I bought 4 sets, so......you'll be seeing them again. I am also announcing a painting give away to be posted when my counter at the foot of this page reaches 40,000. I added that counter 15 months ago and I'm delighted that my paintings are reaching that many viewer out in the world! Stay tuned!

7 comments:

Janette Jones, Studio California said...

I really like this, Mary! The color is so rich and beautiful.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

LOVE this! Of course you know I'm a cup and saucer freak!
Yes.... the tweaking... it can make you crazy!

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

One of your best. Colors are great.
I will bring the cake, coffee on you.

Bruce Sherman said...

Hi Mary!... Your colour is... bedazzling... and rich as always!

"I" so look forward to my visits because your brushwork and colour are uplifting and joyful!

I definitely will... "stay tuned!"

Good Painting!
Warmest regards,
Bruce

PS "We" do "know what is important in life" Mary... and sharing it is our common joy!

laura said...

Fabulous--I know what you mean about seeing more and more, to the point, for me, where I confuse myself! These colors are really mesmerizing--and I love how you painted the coffee in the cup, how you pulled in some of the green ...
I should paint my Fiestaware more often!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

This is such a fun piece, as are SO many of your colorful paintings!

And I know what you mean about trying to get the color just right for documentation. Reds seem especially difficult to get an accurate digital image for a file.

After tweaking as much as possible, sometimes it's just best to say, "Close enough". The computer monitor is NOT the real thing and can only give viewers an idea of what a painting REALLY looks like in person.

Linda Popple said...

LOVE all these rich, vibrant colors! What a fun and happy painting! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...