Monday, April 19, 2010

View of Naples Pier

This is a 6x6 watercolor of the Naples Pier from 16th Ave South which is one of my favorite beach hangouts. Naples creates beach access at the end of each street along Gulf Shore Blvd with parking meters and unmetered spaces for beach sticker parking. There are no arguments here about 'owning' the beach to the low tide mark. The beach front estates share their fabulous beaches with the likes of me :D
The weather is amazingly sunny in the low 80's BUT breezy with little humidity. Normally at this time of year we're hitting the low 90's regularly with humid air. This is really COOL!! Like 'perfect summer' would be at home in Marshfield.

9 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Well, I haven't gotten this YET, but maybe you just posted it. It's lovely! I love your loose layers~

Sally Dean said...

I love your WC's girl- as kelley says- loose and lovely! I know Florida is great and everything but
Can you come home already?
I NEED MSW!

Anonymous said...

beautiful beach painting.

paz

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Girlfriend, I forgot my phone today, but my emails to you are getting sent back to me.... :(

Linda Popple said...

Beautiful watercolor! Nice colors.

Art Trip said...

Life is a beach...sorry, couldn't resist...nice painting.

Lorna said...

Mary, how do you make it look so easy and yet so beautiful?

Dewberry Fine Art said...

I love this. The foreground is strong and supports the background beautifully. Just lovely!

Suzanne McDermott said...

Charming! I love this little watercolor and am happy to see that you're enjoying Flahdah. Do you live in Marshfield? I thought you were south of 6 for some reason. I have a dear friend I worked with at MIT who had a beautiful spot in Marshfield. House sat for her and her husband once. I'll have to poke around and see what you're doing in the subtropics (aside from having the time of your life!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...