Monday, February 22, 2010

Malachite Bowl

I was a volunteer 'Booth Sitter' at the Naples National Art Festival on Saturday. It's a juried show with a great mix of quality work from 286 artists. It was such a blast meeting the artists while covering their booths so they could take a break. I probably had more fun than anyone there, and along the way I almost lost this little stoneware dipping bowl due to my own indecision, as to whether to buy it in the first place. While I was admiring it a lady picked it up along with another and held them both while she sifted through the basket of bowls. I stood there silently repeating to myself, 'don't take that blue/green one'. She didn't and as soon as she put it back in the basket I dove in, knocking other customers on their butts (just KIDDING) to grab it. I've already started a second painting of it.
I will be adding a PayPal button in the future instead of listing on eBay. In the meantime, just email me if you want to buy this for $100 plus a small shipping fee.

15 comments:

myra anderson said...

beautiful painting! love these warm, cheerful colors!

Bobbi Heath said...

I am seeing you watching the lady and diving in, what a hoot! I'm glad you got your bowl, and it looks great in the painting. I love the orange background against the purplish and greenish bowl. Nice!

rdl said...

nice job! and i can just picture you drop kickin someone filene's basement style. :D

Jo-Ann Sanborn said...

It's a lovely painting, Mary! Glad you got the bowl. Fun to meet you at the National--it was a great show!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Definitely a knock-worthy bowl! Glad you did this, and met so many other artists! If I sell THREE paintings in March - I'm there, Mar!

Paintings by Patricia said...

I love the richness of color in this painting.

Sally Dean said...

You got the sunshine award!
HAH
you are my number one!

Linda Popple said...

What a great find! You are going to have fun with this bowl. Your story is a hoot!

Your painting is very nice. Love the peppers and the colors.

jeannette said...

mary - thanks so much for visiting our shootin' sisters blog. were you in santa fe a couple of years ago when I was there with my sister faye? your name sounds so familiar. L.O.V.E. your blog! Love your SF watercolor via google - I just realized I live about 30 minutes from bill guffey! And, love 'a spoonful' oil! and, the red top salt. Wow - you do it all so well.

M.F.Bruno said...

I gave you a Sunshine award. Enjoy...

HMCraig said...

I very much like the colors.

Janette Jones, Studio California said...

Good job with this blue bowl Mary!
Love the color you are....

Bruce Sherman said...

Hi Mary!.... Love your bright use of colour here... and your beautiful geometrically controlled composition! Top drawer!

Good painting!
Regards,
Bruce

Diana Moses Botkin said...

This is So luscious. The juicy paint colors and textures make me smile.

Congrats on getting that bowl! Sometimes we appreciate a little treasure even more if we almost lose it.

ArtPropelled said...

Love this painting! The colours are glorious and the story adds to its charm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...