Friday, January 23, 2009

My Stars 6x6

I wiped some of this second painting of the star fruit, but will stay with it because I like the basic structure of the painting and the drawing is good. Luckily, the "Florida" room I paint in has been like a refrigerator since I arrived in Naples, FL last week, which is helpful to my set ups. I am happily dressed in fleece and moccasins painting away in my little bubble ;) I did two paintings yesterday but I wanted to post the star fruit in order so I'm holding them back. I had a really good day so come back tomorrow and see. Better yet, click on that subscribe link and you can see it, then delete it, with no danger of blog lingering ;) Thanks to my followers, too.

8 comments:

Paula Villanova said...

Hey girl...love, no, LOVE the color in this! And at least it was warmer in these parts today about 2 hours north of you guys so it must have been better where you are too...I have to go back tomorrow...boo...

ArtGirl said...

I love the teals and lime greens....On of my favorite color combos!
Great to see you back! :-)

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Be-utiful! Keep doing these, I love the simple yet complex shapes, and all the colors you see in them!

I Want To Be An Artist said...

WOW! The colors and the brushwork are outstandingly beautiful!

Christine Stonebridge said...

Loving the Star Fruit collection - very warm(again, my fav colors!).

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

The colors in the shadows are what a teacher of mine would have called "yummy" combined with these other colors. The drawing is gorgeous too and I hope you won't lose those outlines because they're beeeautiful!

laura said...

What gorgeous colors, so luscious. You really made the most of a simple subject.

Helen Read said...

I love what you've done with the star fruits! Such an unusual color combination - but it really works! Very inviting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...