Saturday, April 26, 2008

Train Wreck 8x10

Honestly, this title just sprang to me as I placed my cursor in the box. It's appropriate for today's fight with this painting I did at Naples Depot. I toughed it out for 4 plus hours scraping and editing. I just couldn't do anything with the uninteresting background, not to mention the rule breaking centered caboose. My color knowledge totally failed me here with the white gravel and the boring asphalt parking lot next to it. Anyway, I did get some good practice and a study. Next time.

6 comments:

Just Plain 'Jane' said...

I think that it is nice and cheerful! I love the colors of the caboose and the sky makes reminds me of a pleasant day!

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Hey Mary,

I really like this one. The boldness of the colour and brush work. It all works for me!

Jeffrey

Paula Villanova said...

Personally, I love that you "broke the rules." You go girl.

ArtGirl said...

Mary
Thanks so much for all the wonderful feedback! I have been in a slump...Tried some new things that didn't work, and was getting discouraged, and feeling kind of down! It was very nice to read positive things....I check your blog often! Can I add you to my blog list?
Katie

Diana Moses Botkin said...

It's wonderfully colorful... love the way the red-orange and yellows contrast with the blue sky. Lots to enjoy here. Rules were made to be broken. I mean they're good to know and very useful, but paintings can work even when rules are not followed or purposefully broken.

sandy said...

but, but .....I LIKE it! I like the colors and sometimes for me anyway, I like something centered like that. I think its' really good.

sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...