Saturday, March 29, 2008

Palmetto Palm watercolor study

Here in Naples it's getting hotter and yesterday, around three o'clock, I took myself to the beach. I broke out the watercolors and did a little study of these Palmettos standing guard. I also noticed that the seagull swarm starts just before sunset. Hundreds of gulls fly in and land on the beach. I left about 7:20, the sun still up, and headed for Publix to do some grocery shopping at the perfect time. Everyone else is home having supper :D

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I took out the letter confirmation on my blog and occasionally I get a spammer, whom I delete, such as the above post, advertising cell, phones.

Dawn said...

I love your watercolors! lovely palms and peppers!

Anonymous said...

nice little watercololur studies, Mary.

Paula Villanova said...

I am loving the watercolors! They're really fun and truly the essence of your subjects. Thanks for posting these.

virtual nexus said...

...the heat breathes through the air in this one. Love the colourful shots on the alternate blog, btw.

I stripped out our (overlength) garage yesterday in the hope for warmer weather and a
larger painting space!

rdl said...

Lovely. You lucky girl you. As our friend Miquel would say, "it could be worse... you could be me - burning brush here in Massachusetts.

Rhonda Hurwitz said...

this is lovely...I can practically feel the ocean breeze! Headed to Florida next week myself...wasn't going to bring my painting stuff, but now maybe I will!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...